Tikarpada wildlife sanctuary
the crocodile land
Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary Tourism
Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary in Orissa, India is a mainstream vacationer goal that pulls in numerous tourist from distant locations even abroad. At this spot, you may trail creatures or visit the zone lodging gharials. While Odisha is home to such huge numbers of untamed wildlife sanctuaries, what's unique about Tikarpada is its endeavours towards bringing back the jeopardized gharials (crocodiles). Truth be told, the area on these gharials was set up to reintroduce the species in the biological system of Mahanadi River and along these lines increment their numbers to an appropriate dimension. Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary of Orissa additionally offers the guests an opportunity to see crocodiles, snakes and freshwater turtles. In the event that you are a devoted bird watcher, this haven would excite you a great deal. With a wide assortment of indigenous just as well as migratory birds, bird watching is a prevalent action that you may enjoy on your visit to Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary. On the off chance that you need to camp inside this haven, you would require exceptional authorization to do as such. The natural life sanctuary likewise gives its experience to adventure seekers by a chance to delight in activities like trekking, stream boating and river rafting on their visit to this wildlife haven. Prevalently known for rearing gharials in its domain, Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary is additionally renowned for its various types of greenery. Panther, spotted deer, tiger, rhesus macaques, Indian Pitta, red wilderness fowl and pangolins are a portion of the fauna species that one can spot in this visitor spot of Odisha. Alongside that, Tikarpada is likewise visited by explorers who love getting a sight of the avifauna species hovering in the sky which incorporates transitory and indigenous birds. The months from October to February are viewed as the best time to visit here the sanctuary.
Tikarpada town lies at a distance of 160 km from the capital city of Orissa and is known to be the heaven for voyagers for the nearness of some amazing landscapes. Slopes, waterways and thick green backwoods encompass this town. These virgin characteristic wonders are still a long way from the span of the people and hold appealing charms which reenergize your spirit with constructive energies. The things you can do while visiting the haven are composed underneath for convenience.
- The Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary was named after the town of Tikarpada. The Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in the asylum is known for reproducing and preservation of crocodiles in the Mahanadi Ecosystem. Sailing, trekking, river rafting and boating are a portion of the activity that can be delighted in the sanctuary.
- Labangi is situated close to Tikarpada and is well-known among adventurers for trekking. Different wild animals can be seen at the Takarsingha water hole that is situated in vicinity to Labangi.
- The Binkei Temple is devoted to Goddess Binkei. This temple lies on the bank of Mahanadi River and is around 8 km far from Tikarpada and is very much important among the locals of the region.
- Sisupathar is a little town, known for a dam developed over the Suhagi Nala. The place itself is surrounded by an array of beautiful landscapes and sceneries.
- Badamul is a prominent picnic spot on the shores of the Mahanadi River. It is situated adjacent to Baliput and is around 20 km far from Tikarpada.
- The Gharial Sanctuary is home to different creatures like crocodile, gharial, snake and turtle. A raising focus is arranged inside this haven for the reproducing and protection of gharials.
- Satkosia gets its name from two words, 'Sat' which means seven and 'Kosh' which means two miles. Creatures like gaur, sambar, spotted deer, panther, tiger, elephant and sloth bear can be seen here. The haven additionally gives sanctuary to varied reptiles like a freshwater turtle, noxious and non-toxic snakes, mugger crocodile and gharial. Watersports, for example, boating and rafting, can be enjoyed here. This spot is additionally renowned for trekking, game watching and boating.
Top things do in Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary
How to reach
Closest aeroplane terminal to this haven is the Biju Patnaik Aiport of Bhuwaneshwar and is around 114 km away. Angul is the closest station situated at a distance of 42 km. Another significant railroad station is Bhubaneshwar railroad station. There are a ton of transports buses and cabs which drive from the fundamental major areas of the state to the wildlife sanctuary.
How to Reach by Flight
The closest aeroplane terminal from Tikarpada is Bhuwaneshwar air terminal which is at a distance of 114 km. This air terminal is very much associated with all major cities of India. Cuttack aeroplane terminal is additionally not unreasonably a long way from Tikarpada. You can employ a taxi for Tikarpada straight go or for the Bus station (6.2 Km) and board a transport bus towards Tikarpada.
How to Reach by Train
The closest railroad station is Angul which is roughly 42 km far from the sanctuary. Bhubaneshwar railroad station is the closest biggest rail line station to Tikarpada. Trains from every single major city have train availability till here.
How to Reach by Bus
Since this spot is very popular and famous in Orissa, you can discover a ton of transport buses that are run by the state and few private companies from different towns and major communities of Orissa. Volvo, AC transport, Non AC transports, and so on are accessible all the time.
How to Reach by Road
You can likewise go by roads effectively as there is great connectivity from Angul, Dhenkanal, and the other fundamental major communities of Orissa. You can enlist a vehicle from Angul or from Bhubaneshwar to reach here.
How to travel within
Tikarpada is a typical vacationer goal and the nearest city is Angul. There is a wide range of methods of transportation like taxicabs, transport buses, auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws which are accessible and one can pick according to their comfort.
For Nature voyagers hoping to encounter wild scenes in a practical manner, from Camping to Eco-Resorts, from trekking to birding, from touring to boating, Tikarpada offers something for everybody and the main thing outperforms the excellence of the spot is the experience of being here. Here are a couple of best alternatives to remain when you visit the region.
- Chhotkei Nature Camp is the local community run nature camps situated at 8 km from Purunakote. It discusses preservation and conservative awareness, instruction and gives tremendous nature camping encounters to tourists.
- Tikarapada Nature Camp giving extreme nature outdoors experience, the medium-term stay is captivating and life-changing. Camps kept running by community oversaw eco-tourism group. Aside from remaining in the camp, activities like sailing, nature strolling are bundled as a major aspect of the program.
- Purunakote Nature Camp has cottages and tents with covered rooftop are accessible for a charming stay. Wild creatures can be seen around this camp. One may get the opportunity to experience indigenous hill myna, sambar, and giant squirrel lazing in its vicinity.
- Chhamundia is a Forest Rest House with two suites and is located in Chhamundia which is there under the authoritative control of Divisional Forest Officer, Mahanadi Wildlife Division. One can benefit to remain there with earlier authorization of DFO.
Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary Itinerary
Day 1: Landing in Bhubaneshwar airport, hire a cab that will help you reach your destined goal in an approximate time of fewer than four hours. Reaching the sanctuary go for your preferred accommodation where you have pre-booked to stay. Get freshen up and laze back to have a worthwhile evening enjoying the entertainment and serenity of this wonderful sanctuary full of varied flora and fauna.
Day 2: Finish breakfast, and head out with your tour guide to have a lovely and adventurous day in the sanctuary viewing the crocodiles and various other wildlife animals including the numerous species of migratory birds. If time permits are sure to visit the attractions available close to the sanctuary since all of it merits a visit. Head back to your room before nightfall and stay overnight to travel back the next day to Bhubaneshwar to board your flight back home.