Beach Capital of India
How many times has your 'Goa Plan' with friends been cancelled? Well, I'm sure after reading about the places mentioned below, none of your friends will back out!
The synonym of Vacation is Goa. This beach capital city of India is every kind of traveller's dream. It is the hub for all the Party Animals and those Adventure Sports Enthusiasts. A state between the western and southern India within the region known as the Konkan. Bounded by Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east, Goa is India's mini paradise.
The perfect blend of Indian and Portuguese cultures, mixed with golden sun, salty sea, soft sand and delicious seafood it is every backpacker's 'Go- To' place. From beaches to forts, flea markets to spas and adventure sports to treks, Goa has it all and how!
Things to do :
- Water Sports
- Dolphin Watching
- Mandovi River Cruising
- Enjoy In Casinos
- Nightlife in Goa
Top things do in Goa
How to reach
Goa is easily accesible through air, rail, and road.
How to Reach by Flight
The nearest international airport is the Dabolim, which is situated near Vasco da Gama. The airport is situated at a distance of almost 29 kilometers away from Panaji. This international airport is well connected with the major domestic cities as well as international major cities in U.K. and Germany.
How to Reach by Train
Major railway stations are Madgaon and Vasco-da-gama. These railway stations are well linked with Mumbai and other major parts of the country as well.
How to Reach by Bus
There are a number of public as well as private buses to reach Goa. KSRTC, MSRTC and KTC are some of the Government undertakings that operate from Panaji, Madgaon and Vasco Da Gama. Private bus operators include the likes of Neeta Tour and Travels, Paulo Travels and Naik Tours and Travels. Goa enjoys daily bus service from important cities like Mumbai and Pune.
How to Reach by Road
The roadways that connects Goa to Mumbai is approximately 610kms, Pune is 460kms and Kolhapur that is approximately 230kms. One who is planning to drive to Goa by road from Bangalore has to pass National Highway 4 that connects to State Highway 34 followed by National Highway 4A and pelt along the State Highway 7. The approximate distance from Bangalore to Goa is 560kms and it takes around 9 or more hours.
How to travel within
You can find a number of Taxis, rickshaws and auto-rickshaws, in cheaper prices to travel around Goa. One can also rent scooters or jeeps to travel around.
- Cover Old Goa on the first day and the places you could go are : Basilica of Bom Jesus , Chapel of St. Francis Xavier, Se Cathedral and the Archealogical Museum.
- Break for lunch after this and try some authentic Goan food at Bhatti Village.
- One can end the day by relaxing at Aguada or Agonda beach. They're the famous beaches in Goa.
- Explore North Goa on the second day, one can do beach - hopping as there are many beaches in North Goa.
- Start off with Calaunge then move on to Candolim and Sinquerium and end with Baga.
- Break for lunch at the very famous Blue Whale around Baga beach.
- One can then explore North Goa by visiting Dona Paula and then Chapora Fort and Chapora River.
- End your day with the beautiful sunset at the Vagator Beach.
- Dedicate the third day to South Goa.
- Begin by going to Colva Beach
- Visit Vas Coda Gama just before lunch
- Try delicious lunch at The Fisherman's Wharf
- Visit the Palolem beach
- End the trip at the Patnem beach